In teaching I stress the development of habits of critical inquiry and skills of expression that can be put to use across the humanities and social sciences. When designing courses, I also value responsiveness to the particular interests and life experiences of students. This calls for an open-minded attitude to canon formation and disciplinary boundaries. Finally, I believe that pedagogy should be thought about together with structural issues of education justice.
- Introduction to Political Thinking (Fall 2018)
- US Federal Government and Politics (Fall 2018)
Prison and Neighborhood Arts Project
Seminar courses for students incarcerated at Stateville Correctional Center.
- The Meaning and Limits of Rights (Summer 2017)
- The Meaning and Limits of Rights (Summer 2016, with Anna Terwiel)
- Theory and Event (Summer 2015)
- Introduction to Political Theory in the American Context (Fall 2014, with Anna Terwiel)
Read student essays from these classes here.